Things To Do In Melbourne
Here’s just a taste of some of Melbourne’s best experiences that will help you make the most of your time in this world-class city:
- Spend an afternoon people-watching at Federation Square, a unique public space on the edge of the Yarra River across the road from historic Flinders Street Station.
- Take a historic tram ride through the city. The City Circle Tram is free and allows you to get on and off whenever you wish. For a dining experience with a difference, take a two or three-hour tram tour with dinner on The Colonial Tramcar Restaurant, the world's first travelling tramcar restaurant.
- Enjoy a night out on the town in glamorous Southbank, where you can watch the iconic flame show at the Crown Casino or dine at one of the many world-class restaurants that line the banks of the Yarra River.
- Discover Melbourne’s obsession with sport and visit the historic Melbourne Cricket Ground, where you can experience an Aussie Rules Football (AFL) game or test cricket match.
- Lose yourself in Melbourne’s 180 hidden laneways and secret alleys, where you will find quirky boutique stores, cosy cafes, intriguing street art and bars off the beaten path.
- Explore your artistic side with a visit to one of the city’s many world renowned art galleries, including the National Gallery of Victoria, the Australian Centre for the Moving Image, or the outdoor Yarra River Gallery, located along the Birrarung Marr precinct along the Yarra River.