kunanyi/Mount Wellington summit, Hobart, Tasmania
WHAT TO EXPECT
- 360 degree views from kunanyi/Mount Wellington
- Enjoy gourmet delights on a day trip to Bruny Island
- Soak up the sea air on a Pennicott Wilderness Journey’s Tasman Island Cruise
- Time: 3 days
- Distance: 402 Kilometres (250 miles)
- Transport: Car
- Nearest major city: Hobart
- Price: $$-$$$
Lion, the highly anticipated film based on the incredible true story A Long Way Home by Tasmanian Saroo Brierley tells the story of his epic search for home. Set in the Australian island state of Tasmania, the film showcases the magnificent landscapes of this island in all their rugged beauty. Lion tells the story of Brierley - from his adoption by a Tasmanian couple at age 5 after being separated from his family in India, to his incredible journey to find his long lost family 25 years later.
We’ve gathered all of the key locations from this epic journey and set the stage for your own Southern Tasmania story to play out. All you will need is a hire car and a sense of adventure.