Over 6 days and 5 nights, explore on foot this stunning scenery of contrasts - vast flood plains, rocky outcrops, high ridgelines and ancient landscapes – as you walk the West MacDonnell Ranges led by your guides from Australian Walking Holidays. This desert walk is enhanced with comfortable, exclusive, semi-permanent wilderness campsites with hot showers, large kitchen and heated dining area. The Larapinta Trail will delight the wilderness lover and challenge the seasoned hiker.
- Challenge yourself over remote ridges and canyons
- Explore famous spots such as Serpentine Gorge, Mt Sonder and Ormiston Pound
Take a helicopter flight over the West MacDonnell Ranges (optional activity)
Located in the southern part of the Northern Territory, Uluru (Ayers Rock) is located 450km (280 miles) drive south west of Alice Springs. Uluru is one of the great natural wonders of the world and will entrance you with its changing colours and mystical ambience. Luxurious, eco-sensitive and romantic, Longitude 131° is sited to face the majestic Uluru and is the ultimate, exclusive Australian outback experience. This is the spiritual and geographical heart of Australia. Longitude 131°’s 15 luxe elevated pavilions have unsurpassed private views of Uluru.
- Discover the desert and indigenous heart of the continent via Longitude 131°’s intimate touring program within the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park
- Learn about the ancient cultures of the traditional custodians
- Experience Table 131°, spectacular dining under the stars