Applying for a Working Holiday Visa is easy! Find out if you're eligible and apply online today.
There are lots of reasons to apply for a Working Holiday Visa – the laid back lifestyle, the chance to make real mates who can take you to the bars and restaurants only the locals know about, and the time to do everything you ever wanted. With a Working Holiday Visa you get a full year to kick back down here – make the most of it and travel further by topping up your funds with incidental work along the way.
Am I eligible?
To apply you must:
- Hold a passport issued by an eligible country (UK and Ireland are included)
- Be aged between 18 and 30 (inclusive) at time of applying
- Not have previously entered Australia on a Working Holiday Visa
If you are granted a Working Holiday Visa you can:
- Enter Australia at any time within 12 months of the visa grant date
- Stay for up to 12 months in Australia
- Leave and re–enter Australia any number of times in the 12 months from the date of first entry
- Undertake temporary employment in Australia for up to six months with any one employer
- Study for up to 4 months.
How do I apply?
You can apply online right now - it'll take you less than half an hour. Get your passport and travel plans for reference and get stuck in.
Where can I find further information?
We've put loads of information right here on this site to make it your one-stop-shop for everything to do with the Working Holiday Visa. You can find further detailed information about the Working Holiday Visa on the Department of Immigration and Citizenship's website.
I have already completed one year, can I do a second year?
With a second working holiday visa you can extend your stay or come back again for another year. Find out more.