Manly Beach, Sydney, New South Wales
By Extraordinary Journeys Inc
Private guides take you behind the scenes to explore the most trendy as well as most elegant neighborhoods of Sydney. Stay in iconic hotels and lodges as private guides and small group tours offer you an insider prospective and the flexibility to do only the things that interest you. The colorful neighborhoods of Sydney are followed by a coastal wonderland on Kangaroo Island and outstanding food and wine in the Barossa Valley. End with an unparalleled safari experience in the Flinders range. This private tour can be modified to fit your interests.
- 4 nights at Pier One Hotel includes daily breakfast
- Introduction to Sydney small group tour
- Sydney Harbour lunch cruise
- Full day tour of four of Sydney's most trendy neighborhoods
- Choice of any 2 of the following 5 tours in Sydney: a walking tour to explore street art, funky shops and best food of one of Sydney's neighborhoods, see Sydney through the eyes and culture of an acclaimed Aboriginal guide, visit to Manly Beach or Bondi Beach with surfing lesson, climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge in time for sunset views or tour the Sydney Opera House with dinner
- 2 nights Southern Ocean Lodge on Kangaroo Island including all meals and drinks with morning, afternoon and early evening nature activities
- 2 nights at The Louise with breakfast
- Full day food and wine private tour of Barossa Valley with award winning guide, in a vintage Daimler-Benz
- 2 nights at exclusive Arkaba station in Flinders Range- includes all meals and drinks, game drives, visit to rock paintings, nature hikes and star gazing
- Scenic flight over Wilpena Pound
- 1 night at Mayfair Hotel in Adelaide breakfast included
- Rental car for days 6-10
- All transfers and flights within Australia
- Explore the exciting food and wine culture of Sydney's quirky neighborhoods on foot, by car and on a cruise in its harbor
- Climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge at sunset, learn to surf at Bondi Beach, gain a new perspective from an acclaimed aboriginal Sydney guide, or explore the food culture of Sydney
- Small group or walking tours take you to fun and quirky neighborhoods to see street art and find the ultimate best food
- Your unique accommodations are a highlight, each perfect in its remote surroundings and offering the best in service and food
- Sydney is spectacularly lit up and brimming with music and dance during Vivid Sydney May 25 - June 16 and Adelaide Festival celebrating all arts during the first 2 weeks of March. Extend to Wolgan Valley, Lizard Island, Uluru or attend Dark Mofo in Tasmania June 15-24
- Cruise under the Sydney Harbour Bridge and wave at the Sydney Opera House on a lunch cruise
- Learn to surf at Bondi Beach or swim in the calm waters of Coogee
- Lose yourself in the cobblestone cul-de-sacs of The Rocks or in the markets, boutiques, cafes and pubs of Paddington
Package duration: 11 nights
Book by: 12/01/2018
Travel from: 02/02/2018 (blackout dates apply)
Travel by: 12/31/2018 (blackout dates apply)
Soak up Sydney's gorgeous harbor, seductive outdoor lifestyle and great natural beauty. As well as a world famous harbor and more than 70 sparkling beaches, Sydney offers fabulous food and festivals. This afternoon, get your bearings as you explore Sydney's colourful neighbourhoods on a small group tour of the city. Private transfer to Pier One Hotel.
This morning you have a choice of a walking tour to explore street art, funky shops and best food of one of Sydney's neighborhoods or explore the historic Rocks area from the perspective of an acclaimed Aboriginal guide. Since Sydney is all about the 188 miles of shoreline within its harbor, lunch simply must be on a harbor cruise. This afternoon at Manly or Bondi Beach, learn to surf. Or climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge to enjoy the sunset or take a tour of the Sydney Opera House. Two activities of your choice are included today.
Get an exclusive view into the heart of four of Sydney's newest precincts on a six-hour driving and walking tour.
- The Cannery; a one-time industrial building converted into a food haven
- Barangaroo; once a working-class wharf region is now a curated dining and shopping precinct
- Tramsheds; a restoration of Rozelle Tramway Depot
- Kensington Street; been converted to award winning high-rise Central Park known for its hanging vertical gardens and home to creative businesses, cafes, bars, restaurants and galleries
Transfer to Sydney airport for your flight to Kingscote, Kangaroo Island (via Adelaide). Your transfer to the Southern Ocean Lodge is the perfect introduction to the island's rolling hills and farmlands dotted with kangaroos. Enjoy a gourmet lunch overlooking the magnificent coastline and a scenic walk atop the limestone cliffs of Hanson Bay. Thundering waves crash along the coastline below. Stand on top of the cliff with the wind blowing, look out to sea and realize there is nothing but ocean between here and Antarctica. This evening, learn about the culture and history of the island over drinks in the lounge.
You have a choice of experiences today. A half day program takes you to Cape du Couedic Lighthouse, Remarkable Rocks, Admirals Arch and a fur seal colony to see the island's wildlife, maritime heritage and stunning coastal landscapes. Or visit Seal Bay to stroll the beach alongside Australian sea lions. Sip premium beverages and enjoy a 'kanapé' as the sun sets at a spot where kangaroos and wallabies congregate. In between you may want to give the mountain bikes a spin or take a self-guided walk. That is only if you resist the pull of the spa!
Return to Kingscote for your flight to Adelaide where you collect your rental car. On your short drive to Barossa Valley we suggest a stop at Whispering Wall, the retaining wall of the Barossa Reservoir. Built between 1899 and 1903, the dam was a revolutionary engineering feat. It has unique acoustic effects: words whispered at one side can be clearly heard at the other, more than 100 meters away. Your luxury hotel is in the heart of the scenic Barossa Valley, often compared to Tuscany.
Have breakfast with kangaroos in a natural setting before your private tour in a classic air-conditioned, 1962 Daimler with award winning wine guide, John Baldwin. Blend your own wine at Penfolds. Then experience a private tasting of super luxury premium Barossa wines at Roennfeldt Road Cellar Door. After lunch at Vintners Restaurant experience Seppeltsfield, a living, national treasure dating back to 1851, home of the world's only continuous collection of fortified wines dating back to 1878 and the opportunity to draw from the barrel of your birth year. To top it all off, afternoon-tea is at Maggie Beers Farm Shop.
A beautiful three-hour back-roads-drive takes you to the base of the stunning Flinders range and an abandoned sheep station, now a thriving conservation success story, where African Safari meets Australian Outback. With only 10 guests, miles from anywhere, this 1850s homestead offers true "wild bush luxury." The station boasts prolific wildlife with Australia's red and western gray kangaroo and common wallaroo seen frequently. The threatened yellowfooted rock wallaby and well over 100 bird species are found here as well.
Create your own program of approximately seven hours of guided activities today by 4X4 and on foot- wallabies and kangaroos abound. See ancient rock drawings and star-studded night skies. In between, catch a swim in the homestead's pool. Exquisite food and fascinating hosts make your stay a life highlight.
Drive to nearby Wilpena to board a scenic 30 minute small plane flight over the stunning Wilpena pond that you have been exploring by land. On the drive back to Adelaide, stop at Quorn to board the historic Pichi Richi railroad through the beautiful Pichi Richi Pass. The drive to Adelaide is about 5 hours. Explore the wine and festival capital of Australia, a charming blend of historic buildings, wide streets, trendy shops and street cafes. Take a tram to the beach, or visit Aboriginal Culture Centre or the Adelaide Central Market. If you visit early March you'll catch the Adelaide Festival – a celebration of all the arts. Overnight Adelaide.
Fly to Sydney where your private transfer takes you back to the Pier One Hotel in the heart of Sydney.
Private transfer to the airport.
Terms & Conditions:
- Private Car/Driver transfers to and from Airport and Hotel in Sydney
- Program and Hotels as outlined in itinerary.
- Breakfast daily. Other meals as itimized itinerary.
- All flights within Australia
- 2 nights accommodation including all meals, selected beverages, signature touring experiences and shared airport transfers on Kangaroo Island at Southern Ocean Lodge as specified
- 5 Days Standard Size (SCAR) Car Rental - Pick-up Adelaide Airport / Drop-off Adelaide Airport including Unlimited Kilometres, Damage Cover (DC) for the Hertz vehicle and Third Party Property (subject to an excess which can be reduced), 24 hour Roadside Assistance, Vehicle Registration Recovery Fee (VRR), Administration Recovery Fee (AR), Government Stamp Duty, 10% GST, Airport Concession Fee Recovery (ACFR), MAX Cover (with Nil Excess) and Neverlost/GPS (NLGPS). Note: The Airport Concession Fee Recovery (ACFR) is included in the daily rental rate only and not for any extras such as child seats or one way fees. (Private tour)
- 2 nights accommodation including all meals , selected beverages and guided activities in Flinders Ranges at Arkaba.
- Private Car/Driver transfer from Hotel to Airport in Sydney
- Taxes and fees.
- Travel Wallet
- Supplier surcharges when date/time of service required occurs on a public holiday or outside of standard hours
- International or domestic airfares (unless specified above)
- Optional touring (see below)
- Meals other than specified above
- Items of a personal nature ie; laundry, telephone, etc
- Travel insurance