By Springboard Vacations
See the world's best tennis players take center stage at the Australian Open – the first Grand Slam® of the year! Official International Tour Operator Springboard Vacations has pre-sale tickets available now, so get the best seats in the arena by booking before they go on sale to the general public in October!
This global event is a chance to see how Aussies love their sports, music, food and wine in an exciting atmosphere. Combine this with the wildlife, wilderness and wonders of Tasmania and you will enjoy a unique vacation like a local.
- 4-star accommodation Melbourne (4 nights), Hobart (2 nights) and Freycinet (2 nights)
- Australian Open Tennis: Category One tickets for 1x day and 1x evening session
- Behind the Scenes tour of the Rod Laver Stadium
- Tour the Great Ocean Road on a stunning coastal drive
- Discover local designers and artisans on a walking tour including lunch
- Wilderness Cruise to see the rugged southern coastline, marine and bird life of Tasmania
- Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary Night Tour to interact with unique Australian wildlife
- 3 days car rental in Tasmania to discover this historic area of Australia
- Airport transfers Melbourne / Hobart
- Springboard Vacations' complimentary Travel Protection Plan
Enjoy special promotional pricing and Springboard Exclusives such as:
- A bottle of local Yarra Valley wine
- Your choice of Eureka Skydeck admission or try a local brew in an iconic Melbourne Pub
- Offer tip: Best time to travel is January 14 - 27, 2019 for Australian Open Tennis
- This package is available without tennis tickets if you would prefer to travel at alternative times of the year, so please contact Springboard Vacations to inquire.
Package duration: 8 nights
Book by: 12/31/2018
Travel from: 01/01/2019
Travel by: 02/28/2019
Day 1: Welcome to Melbourne!
Australia's second-largest city, Melbourne boasts great festivals and shopping, a passion for food and wine, and fabulous arts. Outside Melbourne, you'll find a host of regional attractions, from the Little Penguins to the spectacular Great Ocean Road. Melbourne is set around the shores of Port Phillip Bay. The city itself, laid out in a large rectangle and boasting a lively and cosmopolitan pulse, sits on the northern banks of the Yarra River. Private transfer Melbourne International Airport to hotel.
Crown Metropol: Experience contemporary luxury in its purest form at Melbourne's Crown Metropol hotel. Your senses will be heightened with the many special touches that make every stay both relaxing and memorable. Enjoy a private sanctuary with spectacular views.
Day 2: Walking Tour of Downtown Melbourne
See Melbourne the way few people ever do: from the perspective of a passionate Melbournian who will take you on a guided walking tour of the heart of the city. Join this indulgent morning walk through Melbourne's beautiful back streets and get orientated in the life of the city that locals love. Discover local designers and specialty retailers that often are only found in the city. Includes lunch
Australian Open: Rod Laver Arena - Category 1 Seating - 1st Round Evening Session
The eyes of the sporting world turn to Melbourne in January as the world's best players battle it out for the first Grand Slam® title of the year. We are the Official International Tour Operator for the Australian Open Tennis held in Melbourne. Be there for the angst, excitement, grace and intensity as more than 500 athletes push each other to the limits in their quest to conquer and walk away with the crown.
Day 3: Australian Open
Behind the Scenes Tour: Ever wondered what it's like to follow in the footsteps of a tennis champion? Take a behind-the-scenes tour inside the inner sanctum of Melbourne Park and walk the hallowed corridors of current and former tennis champions.
Rod Laver Arena - Category 1 Seating - 1st Round Morning Session
Day 4: Great Ocean Road Tour
The Great Ocean Road Day Tour is a full day tour from Melbourne, taking in all of the highlights of this glorious coastal drive. So, come along and let our experienced guides show you the world's most scenic coastal route. You will visit famous Bells Beach, Port Campbell National Park, the 12 Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge and London Bridge.
Day 5: Melbourne to Hobart
Transfer to Melbourne Airport for your flight to Hobart (flight not included). Welcome To Tasmania! This is a place steeped in history – a place of wild and beautiful landscapes; friendly people; a temperate climate; and a relaxed island lifestyle. Tasmania is probably the best driving destination in Australia.
Henry Jones Art Hotel: Standing on Hobart's waterfront, a row of historic warehouses dating back from the early 1820s and a former jam factory have been transformed into an enthralling first-class hotel, dedicated to showcasing the work of Tasmania's finest visual and performing artists.
Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary: This is a wildlife encounter found nowhere else in the world. A night tour of Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary. During your evening tour of the Wildlife Sanctuary you will have the chance to get up close and personal with many Australian native animals. See natives during their natural waking hours and hand feed some echidnas, kangaroos, tawny frogmouths and potoroos, just to name a few.
Day 6: Port Arthur Historic Site and Coastal Wilderness Cruise
This award-winning three hour wilderness and wildlife cruise takes you along the spectacular coastline between Eaglehawk Neck and Port Arthur. You will see Australia's highest sea cliffs, enter deep sea caves and join in the search for abundant sea and coastal wildlife such as seals, dolphins and birds of prey. After lunch, there is a three hour visit to the Port Arthur Historic Site which is the best preserved convict site in Australia.
Day 7: Hobart To Freycinet
3 days Intermediate car rental. Self-drive Hobart to Freycinet National Park 110 miles (2.75 hours).
Freycinet National Park: Spectacular Freycinet National Park, with Coles Bay at its entrance overlooking crystal-clear Oyster Bay, is an ideal place for diving, snorkeling, kayaking, boating, and fishing. The park is famous for its many walking trails. Dominated by the pink granite of the Hazards Mountains, Freycinet is best known for the perfect curve of Wineglass Bay, just one of its white sandy beaches and the pure clear turquoise waters.
Freycinet Lodge: With a spectacular waterfront location at the foot of the Hazards and just inside Freycinet National Park, Freycinet Lodge puts you as close as possible to the natural beauty of Freycinet and is a superb base for exploring the Freycinet peninsula. Includes breakfast.
Day 8: At Leisure
Day 9: Home
Self-drive Freycinet National Park to Hobart. Drop your rental car at Hobart Airport in time for your flight home.
Terms & Conditions:
*From $2845 for travel January 2019
- Price is per person based on 2 people traveling together
- Includes tickets to 2 matches of the First Round Tennis at the Australian open, Category 1 seating
- Begins in Melbourne, ends in Hobart
- Subject to availability
- Prices in USD based on today's exchange rates
- Land only - does not include airfares.
- Additional surcharges apply for travel during special events such as New Year's Eve, Melbourne Cup & Australian Open Tennis. Please call for details.