Tourism Australia's social media terms and conditions
Tourism Australia (ABN 99 657 548 712), a corporate Commonwealth entity whose principal place of business is located at Level 28, 180 George Street, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia (we, us or our) has created its social media channels as a hub for people who are planning to visit, have already been, or simply have, a fondness for Australia. On our channels you’ll find plenty of inspirational images and video content that showcases what Australia is all about, as well as general information and tips on holding a business event or travelling around the country. We welcome all those who have ever experienced holidaying in or travelling around Australia to share your comments, memories, images and videos with us.
By sharing text, still and/or moving images, and/or other user generated content (collectively, User Content) with Tourism Australia’s digital and social media platforms – for example, on the Facebook ‘wall’, by tagging @Australia on Instagram, TikTok or X, or by use of Tourism Australia’s hashtags, including but not limited to, #SeeAustralia, #comeandsaygday, #MeetInAus you agree to be bound by these Social Media Terms And Conditions.
It’s important to note that posts in the comments section on any of Tourism Australia’s social media platforms* are not representative of the opinions of Tourism Australia or the Government of Australia, nor do we confirm their accuracy.
We encourage the expression of opinions and open discussion, but we do ask our followers or visitors to our profiles to act respectfully, responsibly, and play nice.
Tourism Australia will not tolerate posts that contain the following:
- Violent, obscene, profane, hateful, derogatory, fraudulent, manipulative, illegal or racist comments, content, links or images or incite such comment or behaviour;
- Comments that threaten or defame any person or organisation;
- Solicitations, advertisements, or endorsements of any financial, commercial organisations;
- Multiple successive off-topic posts by a single user;
- Repetitive posts copied and pasted or duplicated by single or multiple users;
- Offensive, inaccurate, false, misleading or deceptive comments or content;
- Material which infringes third party intellectual property rights or which is personal, private or confidential information belonging to others unless you have obtained legally valid consent;
- Any other inappropriate content or comments as determined in Tourism Australia’s absolute discretion; and/or
- Any other inappropriate content that Tourism Australia deems to be harmful to individuals or its community.
Tourism Australia may delete and/or report such user posts in its sole discretion, and in extreme circumstances of misconduct or criminal conduct, refer the user to the relevant authorities. Users who do not comply with these Social Media Terms And Conditions may also be blocked from following Tourism Australia’s social media profiles. If you have any questions about these Social Media Terms And Conditions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contributing to Tourism Australia’s social media profiles
Tourism Australia does NOT claim ANY ownership rights in User Content.
However, by posting User Content you hereby grant to Tourism Australia a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, revocable, non-transferable, perpetual licence to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly display and/or reproduce, the User Content, including for example, editing, compiling and assembling video works, interstitials or the use of photographic works as underlying works compiled into moving image without limitation, for purposes of:
- Publication on digital and social media platforms* (i.e. channels, pages and/or accounts owned and/or used by Tourism Australia) in any digital media format (unpaid); and/or
- Internal, non-commercial use.
If User Content is used on Tourism Australia’s digital and/or social media platforms, or other media, your name and/or business name will be credited to the extent reasonably practicable. Tourism Australia may also choose at its sole discretion to link back to your digital website and/or social media profile where applicable. Furthermore, Tourism
Australia may also, at its sole discretion, attach logos or other branding devices on User Content.
If Tourism Australia wishes to use any of the above mentioned User Content in a paid advertising capacity (either on social media or digital platforms, or for ‘offline’ purposes - such as print publication or outdoor media) you will be contacted directly for permission and a formal licencing agreement will be set up.
Similarly, if Tourism Australia is contacted with requests for third-party use (for example, for use by Tourism Australia’s tourism industry partners such as State and Territory tourism authorities), Tourism Australia will ask the interested parties to make direct contact with the User Content owner to discuss.
We may, on notice to you, change these Social Media Terms And Conditions. You can revoke the licence you granted to Tourism Australia (by sharing User Content on our platforms or using our hashtag) at any time by contacting us in writing at email@example.com and informing us that you no longer want us to use User Content. These Social Media Terms And Conditions do not modify, restrict or exclude any additional rights you may have under applicable laws that cannot be so modified, restricted or excluded.
|*Tourism Australia's active global social media platforms:
|URL not available for this platform