Glass House Mountains, Sunshine Coast, Queensland © Tourism and Events Queensland
Guide to the Glass House Mountains
- Getting to the Glass House Mountains
- When to visit
The beautiful Glass House Mountains are a natural playground loaded with walking tracks and epic lookouts.
The 11 peaks of the Glass House Mountains are found in the hinterland of Queensland's Sunshine Coast. The area is a playground of walking tracks, waterholes and foodie haunts, offering a family-friendly escape with unique experiences to complement the incredible coastal adventures found nearby. Explore the quaint townships and wander through gardens, nature reserves and up mountain peaks. Or simply head to one of the area’s luxe accommodation options and enjoy the views.
The Glass House Mountains are serviced by two airports: Sunshine Coast Airport and Brisbane Airport.
- Sunshine Coast Airport (MCY) is about 45km (28mi) from the Glass House Mountains and services domestic arrivals
- Brisbane Airport (BNE) is 72km (45mi) from the Glass House Mountains and services international and domestic arrivals
- Car hire is available from both airports, with a drive time of about 35 minutes from Sunshine Coast Airport and 1.5 hours from Brisbane Airport
There is no public transport or rideshare services in the Glass House Mountains, so you’ll need a vehicle to reach the area’s trailheads, waterfalls and attractions.
The Glass House Mountains enjoy a sub-tropical climate, with mild daytime temperatures in the winter and hot daytime temperatures during summer. Late autumn and winter (May to August) experience the most enjoyable weather, and these months are perfect if you’re eager to take on the hiking trails.
- High season: Winter (June to August)
- Low season: Spring (September to November) and summer (December to February)