It’s about inspiring the world to visit Australia. The account is managed by the social media team at Tourism Australia, but the real work is done by all of our followers who share their stunning shots with us every day.
@Australia Instagram profile FAQs
Help us showcase the beauty of Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Tourism Australia’s @Australia Instagram Profile Terms and Conditions:
Tourism Australia has created this profile to be a hub for people who are planning to visit, have visited, or simply have a great love for holidays in Australia. Here you’ll find general information and tips on travelling to Australia, as well as plenty of images and videos that help capture the Australian experience. We welcome all those who have ever gone 'walkabout’ in Australia to share your comments, images and videos.
Tourism Australia does not accept responsibility for the comments of fans on this profile and it’s important to note that postings to the Tourism Australia Instagram profile are not representative of the opinions of Tourism Australia or the Government of Australia, nor do we confirm their accuracy.
We encourage the expression of opinions and free, frank and open discussion, but we do want people to act responsibly and play nice :)
Posts will be deleted if they contain:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, derogatory, illegal or racist comments, content, links or images that incite such comment or behaviour
- comments that threaten or defame any person or organisation
- solicitations, advertisements, or endorsements of any financial, commercial organisations
- multiple successive off-topic posts by a single user
- repetitive posts copied and pasted or duplicated by single or multiple users
- offensive, inaccurate, false, misleading or deceptive comments or content
- material which infringes third party intellectual property rights
- any other inappropriate content or comments as determined in Tourism Australia's absolute discretion
Users who do not comply with this policy will also be blocked from the profile in Tourism Australia's absolute discretion.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hashtagging photos and videos with #SeeAustralia, #RestaurantAustralia or tagging them with @Australia:
Tourism Australia does NOT claim ANY ownership rights in photos and videos that you tag @Australia or hashtag with #SeeAustralia or #RestaurantAustralia. However, by using these tags you hereby grant to Tourism Australia a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, revocable, non-transferable, perpetual licence to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly display and/or reproduce, your photo or video, including without limitation in any online media formats, including e-newsletters, and through any social media channels, pages or accounts.
You can revoke this licence at any time by contacting us in writing at email@example.com and informing us that you no longer want us to use your photo or video.