Noosa, Queensland © Tourism and Events Queensland
Guide to Noosa
- Getting to Noosa
- When to visit
Friendly locals, slow beach days and unique adventure activities make Noosa one of Australia’s most popular beachside destinations.
Noosa is surrounded by stunning beaches, lakes, and the lush hinterland of Noosa National Park. It's also home to one of only two everglades systems in the world. If you are looking for adventure, it's at your feet. And if you want to unwind, indulge and take things at a leisurely pace, you'll find plenty of opportunity to spoil yourself here.
Getting to Noosa is easy, with flights arriving at Sunshine Coast Airport and nearby Brisbane airport.
- Sunshine Coast Airport (MCY) is 33km (21mi) from Noosa and services domestic arrivals
- Brisbane Airport (BNE) is 137km (85mi) from Noosa and services domestic and international flights
- Hire cars, ride shares and shuttle services are available from both airports. With limited public transport options in town, the easiest way to get around is by car
Being so close to Brisbane, Noosa is a popular holiday and weekend destination throughout the year. The town can be busy over the Australian school holidays, especially the long summer break (mid-December to the end of January), and Easter. Winters on this stretch of coast are mild, and you can comfortably swim at Noosa's beaches all year round.
- High season: Summer (December to February)
- Low season: Late autumn to early spring (April to September)
- Don’t miss: Noosa’s packed calendar of festivals and sporting events